As I am preparing for Father’s Day, I realized that I never did a Mother’s day post this year. That is because I had the most horrific stomach bug that weekend. I was basically curled up on the bathroom floor in the fetal position all weekend. We were going to celebrate the next weekend, but then Jared went out of town on business and life just kind of moves along. This little questionnaire has been floating around on facebook so I decided to ask my kids these questions as something to remember Mother’s Day this year. I asked them these questions individually and at different times. They crack me up and melt my heart.
1. What is something your mom always says to you?
Lydia- I love you.
Liam- Go get slushies.
I am not really sure I have ever said that to him especially since he cannot do that himself.
- What makes Mommy happy?
Liam- going to Disney with me
- What makes Mommy sad?
Lydia- Um. . . I have no idea.
Liam- not going anywhere
True dat, Buddy!
- How does your mom make you laugh?
Lydia- by playing in the pool with me
Liam- saying funny things
I’m so glad that my swimming and playing in the pool is so hilarious.
- What was you mom like as a child?
Lydia-hum. . . probably snuggly-ish
Liam- a swimmer
- How old is your mom?
- How tall is your mom?
Lydia-That is super hard. I have no idea.
Liam- ‘bout 20 feet and a half
- What is her favorite thing to do?
Lydia-watch movies and snuggle
Liam- jumping jacks
Really? Jumping jacks? That makes you think he sees me actually doing jumping jacks often. That, my friends, is not the case.
- What does your Mommy do when you are not around?
Lydia- I don’t know. Well, want me. Right?
Liam- go shopping
- If your mom becomes famous what will it be for?
Either they did not understand the question or we need to work on humility a little.
- What is your mom really good at?
Liam- going under water
I think Lydia’s love language may just be touch. That girl loves snuggling like her Momma.
- What is your mom not really good at?
Lydia- I have no idea. Super hard question.
Liam- eating ketchup without nuggets or a burger or anything
If that is the only flaw my children can think up on the spot, I’d say I’m doing alright.
- What does your mom do for a job?
Liam- you know, typing
- What is your mom’s favorite food?
Liam-um. . . chicken nuggets
- What makes your mommy proud?
Lydia-when I help her
Liam-when I put on my pants
Yes, Liam, yes. Pants are good! Wearing pants = really good!
- If your mom was a character, who would she be?
- What do you and your mom do together?
Liam- go to Disney
- How are you and your mom the same?
Lydia-We like to snuggle.
Liam- cuz we can both swim
- How are you and your mom different?
Lydia-Mommy can paint her own nails and I don’t
Liam- She can walk in the deep end and I can’t (followed by a big frown)
- How do you know your mom loves you?
Lydia- She kisses me and hugs me. ALL. THE. TIME. (with a slight roll of the eyes)
Liam- because she snuggles me every night
- What does your mom love most about your dad?
Lydia- how he loves us
Liam-that he sleeps next to her every night
- What is your mom’s favorite place to go?
Liam- Disney World
- How old was your mom when she had you?
This made me smile. I sure love these two crazy kids!