Too Much to Do in Just One Trip
We love Washington D.C. There is so much to see. So many historical places to visit. So many museums to explore. We couldn’t fit everything we would want to do in this trip. And even though this was our second time visiting D.C. as a family, there will likely be many more things we leave on the table on our next visit too.
A Few Tips for in D.C.
- If you stay in a hotel outside of the D.C. area, like Rockville MD, you will find better rates. We used Hotelsetc.com to find good deals during this trip.
- If you’re parking your car in the city, download the app SpotHero to find parking before you get there. You can find great rates, reserve online, and even add time to your reservation if you’re running late.
- Park your car in one place, they Lyft or Uber around the city. Much less expensive than cabs, easier to get around.
- If you plan a trip in April, you can catch the Cherry Blossoms as they bloom all over D.C.
Some Places we Loved:
- Seeing the common sites like the LIncoln Memorial, Washington Monument, etc is cool… but even better at night when they are all lit up!
- Ford Theatre offers tours which are really, really good. We missed the opportunity to take one, but want to do it next time we visit. Book in advance.
- Amsterdam Falafel, B Too (Belgium restaurant), &Pizza, Ted’s Bulletin (Bakery), Cafe Rio (is in Virginia!
- The Wharf is a new development by the water, within walking distance from the Jefferson Memorial. There is a big fish market (with HUGE oysters), restaurants, shopping, docks and more.
- Sugar Loaf Mountain (just north of Rockville) and Great Falls National Park are close, great hiking spots to visit