Do this at least once in your life!
This is a win! Something everyone needs to do at least once in their lifetime. We had so much fun on our Disney cruise. This has been our fourth cruise, and by far the best! A few things about cruising with Disney:
- There are fireworks at sea (during the Pirate party at night)
- Castaway Cay is Disney’s private island where you can spend a day in the sun and sand
- Don’t skip the shows! They are incredible!
- Disney has an app called the Personal Navigator listing all info you need (show times, activities schedule, dinner menus, etc)
- Bring your pirate costumes for the pirate party (where everyone dresses up)
- People decorate their cabin doors with disney magnets which you can make before you embark to personalize your cabin.
Junkanoo Beach, Nassau Bahamas
There are a lot of excursions and adventures you can add to your vacation when you port in Nassau, but give our kids some sand and water and they are happy… plus it is easier on the vacation budget. We found a nice public beach in walking distance from the port that gave us a nice stroll through the city blocks and a great time on land. You can find Junkanoo Beach with a 10-15 min walk.
Castaway Cay – Disney’s Private Island
Disney leases its own island from the government of the Bahamas for its cruise vacationers. When your cruise docks here, you are the only ones on the island. You have access to a beautiful cove, beaches, trails for walking / biking, kids splash pad, a play place built in the water, and much more. Along with dance parties with the characters, you have a complimentary barbecue provided by the ships crew, and plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas to make yourself comfortable in the sand. A few things to know:
- Most people park in the sand when they get to the beach… but there is a lot of beach. If you walk further in you will find less people crowding your space.
- There is a nice kids splash pad located about mid-way through the castaway campus
- Most people sleep in upon the ships arrival… so you can beat the crowds to the island by getting up early.
- You can rent snorkle gear. But if you bring your own, they will let you use a snorkle life-vest complimentary.